Nice interesting experiment in the pool last night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As every Wednesday night it was pool training last night.

Being part of the "staff" (although the latest addition) I had been informed that lights would be put off for the last half an hour in order to simulate a night dive, safely in the pool, new lights from the LDS included.

The students didn't know about this until the very last minute (before entering the water anyway).

Our pool is big (50 mts by 15, about 115 feet by 50 if my calculations are correct), and there was a considerable number of divers training, including a few free divers.

At first it was very eerie, so different from a real night dive, but it was also big fun and we even managed to take a few photos.

Every buddy team had a light and we swam around contentedly.

In the end the instructor I'm currently working with for an OW course with five students gathered us up and we did something I've only seen on parachuting videos: making a sort of star, everyone holding hands and working on buoyancy, first keeping as far as possible without disengaging and then getting as close as possible without ending up in a huge heap, that was so much fun!

I had never heard about something like this, but I think it's not such a bad idea.

That did sound like it was fun, and I'll bet it was kinda neat to see. Sounds like a fun way to work on bouyancy.

Did you say you took some photos? Did anyone get some photos of the star? It would be kinda fun to see those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom