diving goals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaybombs25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Do you have any goals you want to accomplish in diving one that you are currently working towards like lets say diving such and such wreck or doing such and such kind of dive? Mine is for the short term to dive the Waiwinette wreck

My short term goal would be to complete my DiveCon this year. My long term term would be to just continue have fun visiting the wonderful, alien world under the surface.

Ummm...

1: Have fun
2: See stuff
3: Have fun

... that's about it.

Now, if I learn stuff along the way... so much the better.
if I get certs along the way... so much the better.
if anything more meanful should occur... so much the better.

... oh... and dig on the bubbles... bubbles are cool...

... hummm... Ok... at some point I'd like to dive the "Living Seas" at Epcot... but that's having fun and seeing stuff...

Finished my divemaster training this month. I will be taking the IE in April. Completed advanced nitrox last summer and am 2 dives shy of fininshing my deco...darn weather. We are planning the last 2 dives this weekend...Freaking end of February.
Other goals related to diving include becoming involved in the artificial reef program in NC and doing volunteer work with the Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium. I will do extended range this coming summer. Hope to be able to do some Great Lakes wrecks. Wreck diving is my passion, so I want to dive as many as I can.

My goal is the same as it always is - dive as much as time and opportunity will allow :)

This year? Advance Open Water... at least double the amount of dives in my log...and maybe Rescue by the end of the year....but that's just a "bonus" goal!

I hope to finish my Divemaster training this year.. (Just started it) I wouldn't mind adding a couple Specialties (Ones I intend to teach later in in my "career") along with my Cavern/Intro to Cave. But, DM is the Top Priority for 2007.
As for diving, I would like to hit more of the Florida Springs I haven't dove yet and, maybe, the Mighty O.

Having fun, improving my skills and seeing more of whats down there..

The path to achieving those goals? Diving as much as possible, which makes the more measurable part of the goal.. 1 dive per week on average would be nice and should be doable..

Goal # 1 become a better, safer diver
Goal # 2 Learn perfect buoyancy and trim
Goal # 3 complete and pass DIR-F -- class starts Feb 23
Goal # 4 complete and pass Naui Rescue Diver -- class starts Mar 5
Goal # 5 become the best dive buddy I can possibly be
Goal # 6 improve my SAC rate
Goal # 7 see that GIANT green moray again in Spooky Channel on my return trip to Roatan.

Back
Top Bottom