Do Students Get Free Insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently do not have any dive insurance, but i'm taking a wreck class this weekend in san diego with my lds. Does taking the class give me insurance while im with the instructor? I know i need DAN, but i dont have the funds right now.

Jorbar1551:
I currently do not have any dive insurance, but i'm taking a wreck class this weekend in san diego with my lds. Does taking the class give me insurance while im with the instructor? I know i need DAN, but i dont have the funds right now.

I believe most instructor's policies cover BOW students. I don't know about further training.

Jorbar1551:
No...instructor insurance is his liability insurance..

Jorbar1551:
Students are free for basic training, not advanced (ex. wreck class):
http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/dimb/home.asp

You need your own insurance......it is only like $79 for the year.

Who are you doing your class with?

DAN has a "DAN is my buddy" student program for entry divers:

"The DAN Student Membership Program is unique and free to all entry-level divers. When you enroll to become a student member, you'll receive many valuable benefits, including up to $20,000 recompression treatment insurance. Of course, it’s unlikely you‘ll ever need to use it, but it provides peace of mind while you concentrate on learning to dive."

http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/dimb/home.asp

Cheers.

-J.-

What Walter said - The OW class students must be registered by the instructor.

DAN Standard Plan is $25; Master Plan $35.. which is what I recommend. If you can't afford DAN Insurance, you can't afford a helicopter & chamber ride.. It's the best deal going. Dive Safe !!!

Back
Top Bottom