Purchasing PADI crewpacks online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimchicowboy

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Since I know what specialties (as well as rescue diver and/or divemaster) I'm interested in, I was thinking about purchasing the various crewpacks online and hopefully save on pricing and shipping.

My questions is: at websites like divers-supply.com, do you really save on crewpack pricing over purchasing from an LDS?

Also, for those specialties that also sell DVDs separately, does the course material require one to own the DVD?

Thanks!

Heres a thought....find the deal online and ask you LDS to match it. Worked for me a few times

Diver's Supply is my LDS.. They have some good prices and I do 90% of my buying from the store. Not to mention, I just like going up there and hanging out.. But to be honest, I bought my Wreck / Deep and Search and Recovery packs from a dealer on eBay due to the prices.. You might want to check there also..

Forgot to mention, if you buy the "Wreck Pack" (Deep Pack, etc) it comes with the manual and the DVD.. Specialty packs, as far as I know, only have manauls and DVD's and that's all that's needed.. Of course, if I'm wrong, someone will correct me. :D

You are not required to own the DVD. For some courses, you aren't even required to view it. Personally, I own the DVDs that are required and show them to my students as part of the class. This way they save the $20. If you buy them ,make sure you buy separately.

ReefHound:
I've gotten mine at http://stores.ebay.com/Florida-Scuba-Adventures and they are the lowest prices I've found. Don't buy until you're ready to take the class because sometimes PADI changes the current edition.
i picked up a night diving crew pack from them. like $30 shipped.

but thanks for the info, guys. and dive-aholic, thank you for letting me know about the DVDs. will save me some big bucks for now.

I've gotten mine at eBay Store - Florida Scuba Adventures: PADI Specialty Courses, PADI Instructor Course, Henderson Wetsuits and they are the lowest prices I've found. Don't buy until you're ready to take the class because sometimes PADI changes the current edition.

Thank you so much guys for your kind words.

I wanted to let everyone know that we have just completed launching our BRAND NEW WEBSITE and the PRICES just keep coming down now that we don't have to pay EBAY anymore.

Please checkout the new site: Florida Scuba Adventures Home Page and we have also added gear this year as well in addition to the LOWEST PADI PRICES anywhere.

Thanks so much and GOD BLESS.

Florida Scuba Adventures

I have recommended multiple students to the floridapadiinstructor ebay store and all have had a great experience. Their prices are lower than what I can buy directly from PADI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom