GUE Open Water Diver Course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison

Trusty Shellback
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
In the Nitrox Experience Dives thread there was some mention of, some questions about and some speculation as to when there might be a GUE entry level OW course.
I'm curious too. Is GUE planning to join the RSTC? Head off on its own? Have a fairly conventional course or begin with Nitrox/BP/Wings redundant regs and the full "DIR" get-up?
The questions abound...
Rick

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
I just want to know what all the hype is about. And be able to talk more intelligently about the subject.

Sign up for a DIRF course. Everything I hear about it seems to indicate that it *will* make you a better diver, period, whether you are trying to DIR or not.

Rick Murchison once bubbled...
Have a fairly conventional course or begin with Nitrox/BP/Wings redundant regs and the full "DIR" get-up?
The questions abound...
Rick

They would be DIR; BP and Harness, appropriate length hoses, etc. GUE is strict DIR so, their OW classes would be too. I don't think they would let anyone get away with using some silly type of gear. Doubt the Nitrox part.

I know that they have not as of yet started an OW class. I've heard that one is in the works though.

That would be an amazing Basic class. You would actually have decent divers afterwards.

Just what is "silly type of gear"?

Masks with bunny ears...
BCs with angel wings...
fins with giant bird and or lizard feet attached...
Weight belts comprised of a truss with giant hooks for cinderblocks...
wet suits with any part of the human anatomy prominently displayed...
snorkels...(HEY HEY HEY!! Give me ONE without grief!)

Ken

Start at the begining.......

www.gue.com

try the links from there - an endless supply on the web......

SS

ElectricZombie once bubbled...
I don't think they would let anyone get away with using some silly type of gear. Doubt the Nitrox part.
(1) What precisely is "silly?" Or are you letting a little "DIR" arrogance slip through?
(2) Are you sure air isn't "silly?"
Rick

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
So then what is the historical relationship between GUE and DIR? What sites are the best to check out on background information, availability, costs, locations etc?

http://www.fifthd.com/divestore/classes/travelschedule2.htm

If you can't find something close to you there, contact the folks listed and they can arrange something with enough.

wb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom