Aeris comp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaybombs25:
Which would you choose if you had to buy a computer? Aeris XR-2 or Mares M2 for recreational diving including nitrox... and why?

Whichever one I could get for less money... because I'm cheap like that. :eyebrow:

I wouldn't buy a computer, just a bottom timer. This is because I'm not doing any complex diving and tables work just fine for me. That and I'm rarely doing more than one dive a day. When I do go diving twice a day we usually allot for an hour surface interval just to hang around and get some foods.

I have not had very much experience with the mares computer but I can speak very highly of the XR 2. It is easy to download and easy to use with Nitrox. I have had mine for a year and a half and i have around 100 dives on it and I have not had to change the battery or anything. when i do have to change the battery it is really easy to do. I use mine in a 3x counsel and works out great for me. I really like the setup for the mares and if i liked wrist mounts i would probably go with the mares bc it is lower in profile.

ok well i'll be doin two dives a day everyday so I would like a computer which the interface is user friendly enough so dat i do not throw it overboard in frustration

My wife and I both use an XR-2 great computers so far. No problems easy to understand etc... I don't have any experience with the Mares computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom