Check out this antique...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
That my dad is still diving with. It's about a 1978 Scubapro R109 that he bought in 79. Someone decided to "borrow" his S600 so he had to dig this thing out. It's still in warranty too!

Aren't you the 19 year old instructor that your dad taught? You might want to remind your dad to work on his mask skills - or buy a better fitting mask - his is fogged and partly filled with water ...
<lol> (all forgiveness if this picture was snapped while he was demonstrating clearing a partially filled mask) <lol>

ZoCrowes255 once bubbled...
That my dad is still diving with. It's about a 1978 Scubapro R109 that he bought in 79. Someone decided to "borrow" his S600 so he had to dig this thing out. It's still in warranty too!

A good friend of mine's father in law has a very simialr reg. He said he boutght it in the early 80's, and that you just couldn't beat what scubapro was making back then. It was an easy breathing reg, but it sure was heavy in comparitson to the sherwood I regularly use.

probably going to get flamed for this, but I still use my aqua-lung calypso IV on a regular basis. heavy construction, all metal, bulletproof and as NEVER (knock on wood) frozen on me! (unlike some of my newer ones)

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
his is fogged and partly filled with water ...

Maybe we should send his dad to the "Moustache" thread of a couple of weeks ago. I'd expect he's in the "I just clear a lot" crowd.

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
Aren't you the 19 year old instructor that your dad taught? You might want to remind your dad to work on his mask skills - or buy a better fitting mask - his is fogged and partly filled with water ...
<lol> (all forgiveness if this picture was snapped while he was demonstrating clearing a partially filled mask) <lol>

LOL that is a particularly bad picture. He has always had an ill-fitting mask thanks to his mustache and he is used to it now. Back in the early-mid 70s when the defog still sucked he would keep a little water in his mask to slosh around. It's an old, albeit bad, habit. Fortunately he no longer teacher Openwater students (he only teaches Dive Rescue and ITCs now)

I was actually never taught by my father. He had another instructor teach me because he did not want it to seem like I was being treated in any way that might seem unfair. He has never signed a single one of my C-Cards. BUT for my ITC he will be one of the Course Directors (all of our IT's are now CD's.)

Heh...that's awesome. I know someone that still dives with a reg that sure looks a lot like that.....I can't believe it every time they still use it. But hey...it works great.

I have an Aqua Lung Conshelf 14 that's older than I am. The thing is in great shape. I used it for my open water dives many years ago. It still has the original gauge cluster attatched to it.:D

What d'ye mean "antique?" I dove my Conshelf XI two weekends ago and it still works just fine, thank you. Bought it in 1971 for $35.
Rick

those old aqualungs are still the reg of choice for a lot of commercial divers that I know, mainly because they are simple and sturdy.

Back
Top Bottom