Any neat tricks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafire

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was just wondering......

Does anyone have any neat tricks or things that they do for fun when they dive? (Such as lay on the bottom and blow bubble rings?)

I like taking all of my gear off in a spring and then surfacing, and then coming back down and putting it all back on again. (I will admit....it makes me feel cool. Dang, I'm such a dork.):D

scubafire:
I like taking all of my gear off in a spring and then surfacing, and then coming back down and putting it all back on again. (I will admit....it makes me feel cool. Dang, I'm such a dork.):D

I hope you are leaving everything down there and turning the tank off, otherwise it just wouldn't be cool. :wink:

I attract blue gills...hundreds of blue gills. They must smell the tortilla chips in my bubbles since they leave my buddy alone.

If I go near one of the platforms, they converge on me. Then they'll follow me around til I get out of the water. If I stop, they bite my hair, mask, and ears.

--Shannon

I like to sneak out to the dive site and secretly put cheese spread on Shannon's gear. :wink:

I like to "break dance" on the platforms. I keep my arms crossed in front of my chest and use my legs and head/body position and breathing to do different spins (head spins, back spins, etc) while trying to stay within 12 inches of the platform without touching it. :D
Ber :lilbunny:

scubafire:
I was just wondering......

Does anyone have any neat tricks or things that they do for fun when they dive? (Such as lay on the bottom and blow bubble rings?)

Not in the water, but saw(@ Little Cayman with Reef Diver's) an orange then an apple kept 'rolling' in mid air by an extra tank with the air on high(just set the fruit above the valve & get it going)......need little SI entertainment.....They(DN's) said it will eventually peel the fruit if left long enough......have a short video of it & will try to upload it in a day or 2......

Ber Rabbit:
I like to "break dance" on the platforms. I keep my arms crossed in front of my chest and use my legs and head/body position and breathing to do different spins (head spins, back spins, etc) while trying to stay within 12 inches of the platform without touching it. :D

but CAN you do it without touching the platform? if so......now thats talent! gotta post some pix of that! lol

sandmanz32:
but CAN you do it without touching the platform? if so......now thats talent! gotta post some pix of that! lol

In a wetsuit yes, in my drysuit I still occasionally faceplant into the wood. It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it but if you get motion sick I definitely recommend taking something before attempting it :wink:

Ber Rabbit:
In a wetsuit yes, in my drysuit I still occasionally faceplant into the wood. It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it but if you get motion sick I definitely recommend taking something before attempting it :wink:
lol thats GREAT! my buddy and i have lightsaber duels on the safty stops. its kinda cool too uz he has a HID that tosses a bluish beam while mine is slightly orange. gets the whol good vs evil thing :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom