PADI RDP Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found the version of the PADI dive tables on the 'net, and it appears quite different to the one that I have.

The obvious differences are that it includes some deco obligation dives, and there are only 14 pressure groups. It also seems a lot more agggresive than the ones that I a familiar with.

As a quick comparison, a 30min dive @80ft followed by a 60ft dive after a 1hr SI, gives me an NDL of 29min on my PADI tables, but 56min on these tables. Quite some difference!!

Can anyone shed some light?

(I've had to resize the image down so I could upload it, so unfortunately now its too small to read)

It’s just the older version of the tables before they were revised.

If you have 60 feet for 60 min. It is a old one and it is how 60 feet for 55 min. And NO deco. It was like the NDT. Hope this helps

It is not a copy of the RDP. What you found is the PADI Dive Tables which was a truncated version of the US Navy Dive Tables. PADI came out with the RDP in the late '80's and abandoned the PADI Dive Tables at that time. The RDP has shorter NDL's than the PADI Dive Tables, although it is less conservative for repetitive diving.

I thought is must've been something like that..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom