Scuba Magazines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I thought for sure a quick search for 'scuba magazines' would easily find me an answer, but surprisingly it didn't. The only two dive magazines I know of are Scuba Diving Mag (which I get) and Sport Diver (which I don't want). I am looking to subscribe to another mag, and was hoping to get a list of recommended dive magazines. So, any suggestions? To be clear, I am not looking for something online.

Dive Training is a good monthly mag..

There are quite a few threads on the topic, not sure why you could not find them...
As you did not say what exactly you are looking for, let me mention a couple magazines that I know, or know of:
If you like bare bones (i.e. no glossy pictures and no ads) and don't mind the cost, "undercurrent" is pretty good (there is definitely at least one thread on undercurrent on this board).
If you like photography, there is fathoms, and a new magazine from wetpixel.
If you like wrecks , check out "wreck diving magazine".
(And as you asked for recommendations, I would (and did) subscribe to undercurrent - subscribe to it for a year or two and you have all the information you'll ever need :) ).

Advanced Diver Magazine has some beautiful photography and some great stories, particularly if you are interested in wrecks.

Quest also has some beautiful photography, and some fascinating articles about diving science.

Neither of those has much in the way of resort diving or tropical advertising.

Here's a list. Not all are paper magazines...

Apnea - Freediving - Spearfishing - Apnea Magazine
Aqua Geographia - Aqua Geographia - Internet Home For Aquapress
Aqualog - Aqualog Magazine
Aquanaut - Aquanaut
Blue Beyond - BlueBeyond.com.au: Home
California Diving News - California Diving News and the Scuba Show are now CADivingNews.com and ScubaShow.com.
Cayman Diving News - The Cayman Islands: Organizing your way there with cayman . org!
Cyber Diver News Net - http://www.****.info/
Darryl's Diving Services - Ontario Scuba Diving at www.scubaont.com and Darryls Diving Services Magazine
Deeper Blue - DeeperBlue.net - Fanatical About FreeDiving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing & Technical Diving
Descent - Descent - The Magazine of Underground Exploration
dirQuest - Welcome to Quest Online
Dive New Zealand - Dive New Zealand, Dive News, views and articles, Dive New Zealand Magazine, Subscriptions
Dive News - DiveNews.Com
Dive Portal DVD - Dive Portal DVD
Dive Training - Dive Training Magazine — Scuba's magazine for new divers and their instructors.
Dive - DIVE - the total online Scuba Diving resource
DiverNet - Divernet - Diver Magazine Online and much more | Diving | Dive Shows | Gear Tests | Travel | News
DiveTexas - http://www.divetexas.com/
Diving Periodicals Int'l - Diving Periodicals Int'l. - Flags
Diving Trade International - Home
Fathoms - Fathoms Magazine, the best in dive travel and adventure
Giant Stride - Giant Stride
Hawaii Skin Diver - Hawaii Skin Diver Magazine Shop - The Breath of Freedivers Everywhere
Historical Diver - Historical Diver Magazine
Howard Hall's Stories - Howard Hall Productions - Stories by Howard and Michele,underwater photography stories,underwater photo stories,high definition underwater photography and videography,books on underwater photos and video clips, dive underwater photography books,ocean
In Depth - IN-DEPTH :: The Ad-Free Scuba Diving Magazine
Marine Mammal News - Marine mammal news
Midwest Scuba Diving - Midwest Scuba Diving
Nekton - Nekton
Northeast Dive News - A Monthly Magazine About Scuba Diving in the Northeast - Northeast Dive News
Northwest Dive News - A Monthly Magazine About Scuba Diving in the Pacific Northwest - Northwest Dive News
Ocean News & Technology - Ocean News & Technology Magazine | Continental Shelf Associates, Inc.
Ocean Realm Journal - Ocean Realm Journal | Scuba Diving Adventure Travel Society
Octopus - Document sans nom
Offgassing - http://www.users.bigpond.com/htna/journal.htm
Pressure (UHMS) - Pressure
PS Diver - PSDiverMonthly : PSDiver Monthly
Revista-Aquanet - Aquanet Revista Virtual de Buceo
Scuba Core - Welcome to ScubaCore
Scuba Diving (Rodale) - HOME - Scuba Diving Magazine
Scuba Diving Planet - Scuba Diving Certification, Lessons & Vacations - Dive Gear and Equipment
Scuba Globe - ScubaGlobe Asia Pacific
ScubaZine - ScubaZine: Scuba Diving Information for The World - - Your Scuba Diving Community
Sea Technology - Sea Technology Magazine
Shark Diver - Sharks - Shark Diving - Shark Diver Magazine - everything you want to learn about sharks - great white sharks - tiger sharks - whale sharks - bull sharks - pictures of sharks
Skin Diver Online - Scuba Diving Equipment, Scuba Gear for Caribbean Travel Skin Diver Online
SORTIE - S.O.R.T.I.E. - Special Operations Rescue Tactical Interdiction Expeditions
Sound Waves - Sound Waves - U.S. Geological Survey Coastal Science Monthly Newsletter
South Florida Diving Journal - http://www.sfdj.com/
Spearfishing - Welcome to Spearfishing Magazine
Sport Diver (PADI) - Scuba Diving, PADI, Scuba Equipment, Dive Equipment, Scuba Diving Certification, Dive Travel
Sport Diving (Australia) - Dive The Blue . net
Texas Diver - Texas Diver
Undercurrent - Scuba Diving for Serious Divers, Undercurrent Reviews Dive Resorts and Scuba Diving Equipment
Underwater Journal - Underwater Journal
Underwater Times - UnderwaterTimes.com | news of the underwater world
Wet Gazette - PSDiver Monthly - Public Safety Divers News Resource
Wreck Diving - Welcome to Wreck Diving Magazine Online
Zero Visibility - www.zerovisibility.co.uk, Scuba diving news, reviews, tips and travel guides

Thanks to Dr. Harris for the list: Michigan Mafia Archive

texdiveguy:
Originally Posted by SparticleBrane
Yeah it's worth a good laugh.
Quest is nice.

Please explain your statement???

Because Spart is soooo above a recreational dive training magazine...and probably because it discusses subjects like snorkel clears, doffs and dons, neutral buoyancy, safety issues, environment, aquatic life, etc, you know...basic laughable stuff...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom