Wetsuits for short people

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisRaabe

Reaction score
so im 5'3, and I was wondering what suits people have used or like? Im having a hard time finding suits. I like the oneill 7000X wetsuit, its pretty cheap and seems ok but i need some advice. Thanks

I'm 5'4"-5'5" (depending on how i feel, HAHA), and I use an Akona full 7mm suit. Works for me rather nicely, except the arms are just a 'tad' bit long, but it's no big deal once it gets wet. See if you can find one and try it on.

Yeah, I'm 5'4 and have that problem myself. I have an AKONA 3mm fullsuit, and the legs/ arms are just slightly too long. I wonder if you can take a wetsuit into a seamstress to fix it, or if that would just ruin a perfectly good suit. :confused: I'm not taking any chances until I receive some advice though, so for now I'll just roll up the sleeves/legs.

My assumption is that it would be fine to have the seamstress who works on it to use a strong nylon thread and ensure that the seams are reinforced really well.

I'll check those out. I like attached hooded suits, like the ones oneill has for surfing. I to surf. Any suggestions on some good suits for cheap?

I have a Henderson Hyperstretch 3mm Junior suit. Fits great in the arms and legs and stretchy enough to forgive the fact that I am no longer ahem a junior.

Mel

I bought a Henderson which was too long but the price was so low that I couldn't turn it down. My chest and belly are 2X and my legs are 1X. I'm 5'9" and the suit was for a guy up to 6'1" or something like that. I took it to a seamstress along with a spool of nylon thread and some neoprene cement. She shortened it and re-tapered the ankles. I don't like where the scruff pads are on the knees but other than that, No problemo. I've dove/dived/diven with some divers who have some pretty ratty wetsuits so it doesn't bother me at all that mine doesn't fit all that perfectly.

I am also 5'4 and i am looking for a place that will alter a wet or dry suit i can not find anything that comes close to fitting me i was a body builder at one time and need an XL with my height its imposible

This post really hits home. I'm not short (really) nor am I "fat". I'm 5'8" and 172 lbs, and for a 60 year old male I guess that isn't too bad.

I have taken notice over the years that standard suits are usually made for someone "5'10"-6'0" and 165 lbs". Now when was the last tiem you saw one of those people? I think wetsuit maufacturers need to wake up.

I agree. See I can wear junior suits just fine, but I have broad shoulders so with some suits it doesnt work. I like junior suits because they are cheaper and they fit better most of the time.

This post really hits home. I'm not short (really) nor am I "fat". I'm 5'8" and 172 lbs, and for a 60 year old male I guess that isn't too bad.

I have taken notice over the years that standard suits are usually made for someone "5'10"-6'0" and 165 lbs". Now when was the last tiem you saw one of those people? I think wetsuit maufacturers need to wake up.

I completely agree.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom