Help in my quest to be removed from techdiver mailing list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
Hi all

I cant seem to get them to stop sending me that spamm. I dont feel the info i get from that list is worth a dam*. 95% of what i get is garbage.

I have asked them to unsubscribe me at least 8 times.

do i have the wrong email for them ? is this the correct link ?

techdiver@aquanaut.com

i get no response and still get spamm everyday from them.

HELP if u can i am frustrated beyond imagination

thx
Andy

Is there not removal instructions at the bottom of each mail? generally the addy to send commands to is different from the list addy.

WW

trymixdiver once bubbled...
Hi all

I cant seem to get them to stop sending me that spamm. I dont feel the info i get from that list is worth a dam*. 95% of what i get is garbage.

I have asked them to unsubscribe me at least 8 times.

do i have the wrong email for them ? is this the correct link ?

techdiver@aquanaut.com

i get no response and still get spamm everyday from them.

HELP if u can i am frustrated beyond imagination

Uh... at the bottom of _every_ message is:

Send mail for the `techdiver' mailing list to `techdiver@aquanaut.com'.
Send subscribe/unsubscribe requests to `techdiver-request@aquanaut.com'.

Just wait until my boys from VA Beach post another trip report...man does that get the flames flying!

Love that list...

I have subscribed to lists in the past using one of my web-based email addresses ... This address forwards to my real email address. I've run into problems trying to unsubscribe to lists because they know me by my "alternate" email, and my unsubscribe is showing up as my "real" email.... so they just discard my request.

Don't know if that applies to you... just a thought.

More general email tips - register your own domain, and administer your own email. I was lucky enough to be able to find the .net domain for my surname was not registered, so I have ***@giddins.net for my email addresses. Any time I use a website that requires my email address, I make up a new alias email, that forwards to my real secret email address that I never give out. So if I had to sign up at www.sororitypillowfight.com for example (I really should register that domain!), I would make up an email alias called www.sororitypillowfight.com@giddins.net, and use that. Once I've finished learning how to pillowfight, I simply delete the alias, and all emails bounce back to the sender and they become their problem. Also helps track the source of spam emails - I've been pretty much spam free for two years now as a result.

Doesn't help you out with the techdiver email problem though :)

I use www.doteasy.com for domain registration and email - it's only $25 a year.

Scubaroo once bubbled...

So if I had to sign up at www.sororitypillowfight.com for example

So did I. With a domain name like that, I jsut had to see if it was there. Not to mention the mental images of what you'd expect to find there!

But I do the smae thing with a domain name that I can manage the email. Just about down to nothing in terms of spamming.

Back
Top Bottom