life after death for divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I decided years ago that it wasn't going to be the standard casket for me, but that ellicits some confused considerations.

a good friend passed away back around 1995 or so, she was cremated and we scattered her above the Duane wreck off Key Largo. It was a beautiful thing and I know she was happy with her final dive.

I've left instructions with my people that I'm to be scattered over the Northern Light, also off Key Largo. It's a place I've always loved and better than most to spend eternity.

WW

Euggh! That's awful. More environmental vandalism than final resting place. And where are the pollution laws that must apply to this ridiculous money making scheme?

I, for one, would like my ashes to be flushed down the pan (a bit like my entire life, if the truth be known). At least then they won't go into some grotesque monument beneath the seas.

This line really makes me puke: 'The families that attend the casting often make hand prints in the concrete. We like to think that they can hold hands for eternity. '

Who writes this stuff? WW, have you been moonlighting with this company?

:upset:

No thanks... If my relatives put me in one of those and sank me somewhere that sucked I would haunt them for sure...

no weird containers for me. For Bonnie we put her in, only her, no container, and a bunch of roses (she deserved 1000 roses), for me, just put me in, maybe pour a Corona over me. Better yet, if a tech diver would take me inside....

Either way, no container.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...
no weird containers for me. For Bonnie we put her in, only her, no container, and a bunch of roses (she deserved 1000 roses), for me, just put me in, maybe pour a Corona over me. Better yet, if a tech diver would take me inside....

WW
I'd take you inside, but I would have to check and make sure I could dive with your ashes...you know, Rule #1 and all...

WreckWriter once bubbled...
for me, just put me in, maybe pour a Corona over me. Better yet, if a tech diver would take me inside....

WW

Could we drink the Corona and just throw in the empty can, maybe...

Guess I'd better dive the Northern Light before you kick the bucket, WW. By the way, let me know when, so I can keep the date free in my diary :D

Have the ashes mixed with some lead, heat the mixture and mold into dive weights (don't know how many 2's. 3's. or 4's that would be). Then, give the weights to a reputable dive op, and you'll be diving every day until eternity.....

Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom