Dive Assistant vs. Sharkpoint

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emttim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Alright, so I'm trying to debate whether to continue using Sharkpoint v2 or to switch to Dive Assistant...I'm wondering what your guys' opinions are on these two logbook programs. I like Sharkpoint, I think the interface is kind of bulky but excellent, but I finally figured out that since I have the Express version, I can't do buddy dive validation, enter in altitude dives, or nitrox dives...and I'm in the PADI AOW class so the nitrox alone is an issue as well is the validation (it's not necessary but it's annoying). So the full version that does everything is 80 bucks...and well, that's a crapload of money.

I like the Dive Assistant software, but I noticed that unlike with Sharkpoint, some information you can't enter in manually such as RNT so it can't do TBT calculations...has anyone found a way around this? I read on Blackwater's web site that you can make your own table (since PADI's a bunch of ******** and refuse to let dive software programs use their tables) but they provide no proof of this nor do they tell you how. The FAQ on Blackwater's site is empty. I'm not too fond of paying 80 bucks for software that I already own (but with a "lighter" version) but paying 45 bucks for software that has a nonexistent FAQ isn't really inspiring either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom