Nitrox Book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with Stone. Nitrox is fairly simple and there isn't much that different agencies can do as far as window dressing. Any will get the points across.

There is no *best*.

MD

Hey Rich,

I like the NOAA dive manual as a overall diving reference, the section on Nitrox is informative and covers the history and original intent of the mix. It is a little expensive but covers so much varied information ($85 or so from Best)

Another decent book in my opinion is recreational NITROX diving by Robert Rossier (only $10.50 from Best)

The navy dive manual also has information on NITROX diving now and you can download the entire manual for free...

Hope this helps,

Jeff Lane

MechDiver once bubbled...
Agree with Stone. Nitrox is fairly simple and there isn't much that different agencies can do as far as window dressing. Any will get the points across.

There is no *best*.

MD

YEs there is...it is the agency that has the instructor you get along best with....man I'm feeling like a troll today....

Thanks,

I've ordered the NOAA manual. I needed an excuse to buy it anyway.

Rich

I was kinda surprised, but the TDI Advanced Nitrox manual is pretty darn good. I found it filled in a lot of gaps in my training after initially learning with the PADI nitrox manual.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

YEs there is...

My point was everyone always asks what the *best* something is. There is rarely, if ever, a *best* in anything. My best is probably not your best.

And, as in his request for a "book", the instructor doesn't mean anything because he probably didn't write it.

MD

O-ring once bubbled...
I was kinda surprised, but the TDI Advanced Nitrox manual is pretty darn good. I found it filled in a lot of gaps in my training after initially learning with the PADI nitrox manual.

An *advanced* book should give you more information than a basic course IMO.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...

An *advanced* book should give you more information than a basic course IMO.

MD
Just pointing out that I thought it was a good nitrox book..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom