A new way to prevent DCS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Read the study LINK. It's about hydration, not some magic elixir.

Read the study LINK. It's about hydration, not some magic elixir.

But perhaps the saline/glucose mix does a better job of hydrating than water alone. Although I'm not sure a sample size of 8 divers is enough.

Kinda like giving babies a little sugar water before you cut their foreskin off. Might be some effect sugar has on your nervous system? Of course, giving it an hour and a half before a dive? It might just be from the hydration aspect, though.

Or maybe some of us are slightly off in our electrolyte balance?

This is nothing new. The French have pushed it for a long time. I picked up using a "French Cocktail" before every dive from Phillipe Cousteau back in the 1960s. That's a liter of orange juice and one aspirin.

Orange juice? High in potassium. I wonder if the glucose drive the potassium into the cell, and protect the neurons from damage, or perhaps keep inflammatory cells from migrating? I'll think about this the next time I dive. A glass of pure fruit juice, or some gatoraide.

This is nothing new. The French have pushed it for a long time. I picked up using a "French Cocktail" before every dive from Phillipe Cousteau back in the 1960s. That's a liter of orange juice and one aspirin.

Whoa...that's a lot of OJ...what does it do to your...err "output"? I know if I OD on OJ (and/or vitamic C) I'm loose as a goose!

I'm a strict Gatorade drinker prior to diving, I already drink more water than they tell you to drink on an everyday basis, so hydration isn't a problem here...

Whoa...that's a lot of OJ...what does it do to your...err "output"? I know if I OD on OJ (and/or vitamic C) I'm loose as a goose!

I'm a strict Gatorade drinker prior to diving, I already drink more water than they tell you to drink on an everyday basis, so hydration isn't a problem here...
No problem twoing it, but that's a lot of onein it.:D No p-valves back then.

Exactly how old are you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Kinda like giving babies a little sugar water before you cut their foreskin off.

Please, keep this thread, and all my past and future threads free from any references to the WANG.

Back
Top Bottom