Excel Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfelliot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’ve written a model of the Buehlmann ZH-L16C algorithm in Excel. This was more an exercise to see how dive computers work vs. trying to create a tool for dive planning. I’ll still use my Suunto for that!

This was written in Excel 2007 and will only work with that product.

The spread sheet has two pages: “Main” and “Data”. To use it you enter a series of commands on the “Main” sheet.

There are 3 commands:
GO [Depth]
STAY [Time]
END

You then press the compute button and a chart will appear with a profile of the dive including a representation of the pressure in each compartment (1-16) and a depth profile.

This computation is based on air – 79% N2, although a Nitrox conversion of the program is possible.

If you reach a point that would require a DECO stop because of excess time at depth an error message will appear and the chart will terminate at that point.

The data page contains the computed data used in the chart.

Note: Delete the old chart before computing a new one.

NOTE2: The XLS file attached must be renamed to XLSM after downloading. Scubaboard would not accept an XLSM attachment.

Attachments

• divetable.xls
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,133
Cool. I don't have Office 2007 (didn't like it, reverted to 2003), but I applaud your efforts.

I've made excel sheets for other algorithms. It's a great exercise.

I'm going to Roatan this weekend, but when I come home I'll make an Excel 2003 version if anyone wants it!

I tried to use the Excel 2003 update that reads 2007 documents, but it won't work completely for my VBA code.

Chuck

I made a modification to allow the chart to plot beyond the deco point.

It also now shows the depth ceiling if required.

excelchart.jpg

This is an Excel 2007 version and once again must be renamed from xls to xlsm.

Attachments

• divetable2007.xls
    30.5 KB · Views: 425
Here are dive table calculators in excel. Use them at your own risk, know how to use dive tables properly, always preplan your dives, always wear clean underwear, etc.

If you're so inclined, constructive reviews would be helpful. Please note "constructive".

thx

ps working on adding Nitrox calculators as well.

Attachments

• NAUI and PADI dive table calc.xls
    81 KB · Views: 716
Last edited:
Hi cfelliot,

I realize a long time has passed, so I guess you might not respond, but I like the table. Its useful for demonstration purposes. I was wondering if you implemented a nitrox/trimix version? It might for example, be interesting to do gas mixes too.

regards,
Martin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom