Interesting anti-shark technique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i saw somthing on a documentary once about some sort of electro suit for divers it gave off small electric shocks or somthing that put the sharks off. but i think i like your method matt most sharks find us unpalitable so filling your suit would work lol youd end up rotting it tho lol

I have a much simpler method and it has proven 100% successful. I simply carry my video camera on all my dives. In over 38 years of diving in great white territory, I've never seen one... but they've seen me.

perth has had a few gws attacks over the years. ive always wondered if its their migration pattern past perth towards the tuna farms off south australia, pure speculation on my part

my memory, the past few attacks have been people swimming a little off shore and i recall one guy even standing in waist high water and being attacked (i think he died)

cheers

Last edited:
..proven 100% successful. I simply carry my video camera ..

No kidding!

There was also this story:
Aussie Diver Survives Shark Attack, Australian Shark Attack Survivor Describes Almost Being Swallowed Alive - CBS News
"I felt down to the eye socket with my two fingers and poked them into the socket," he said. "The shark reacted by opening its mouth and I just tried to wriggle out. It was still trying to bite me. It crushed my goggles into my nose and they fell into its mouth."

Looks like the eyes have it!

That article was insane! And did you see the part where it said two more sharks were circling the guy as he battled the one that was chewing on him?!!

Holy crap.

Also SDS (your basic ingrediant in dishwashing fluids) is recognized as a good shark repellant.

i saw the guy on the news last night, he was trying to get back to shore while bleeding and the shark was following him

a mum of 3 jumped into the water to help him out. this is a pic taken during, apparently thats a shark fin at the back
Shark_Attack_682_485373a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom