Worst ever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chepar

Contributor
Reaction score
This past Sunday I went diving with an operation that I go out with on a fairly regular basis. The DM for my dives is someone that I have dived with several times, and is one of the friendliest, personable and most helpful guys I have ever met. During our SI, we got into an entertaining discussion about who the worst customer he ever had was. This DM has taken out tons of people over the years - and he said the worst (by far) was a certain celebrity that shall remain nameless (but whose name has popped up several times on this board).

Apparently this celebrity first went into a 12 minute adolescent hissy fit because rental gloves were not available. The shop sells cheap $5 gloves (in case people want to dive with them and don't have their own), so after the tantrum petered out the DM pointed out that he could just buy a pair of the cheap ones. So Mr. Bazillionaire takes a pair, dives with them the entire day and then refuses to pay for them at the end of the day. During the diving day nothing was good enough for Mr. Bazillionaire - the service (which in my opinion is usually excellent), the dive sites, the boat, the conditions, etc. The DM sure was glad when the day ended.

So, for the DMs, instructors, shop owners - who has the distinction of being your worst client/customer/student ever? (This is meant to be entertaining, but feel free to rant if the experience still bugs you.) :wink:

...I am dying to know who this is now...

Chepar is from Hawaii...hmm...

Hmmm .....Bazillionaire? Billy Gates?

Boy i'd love to get that turd underwater, one on one. Out would come Mr. Visegrips:tease:

If so, then I bet it was Michael Jackson...did he bring chimps on the boat?

Maybe it was Chevy Chase...renting with the option to buy...

...our buddy Leo. Didn't he just take his mom cave diving over in Hawaii? I seem to recall hearing that on the morning gossip report a few weeks back.

why is it taking me a half hour to post a reply something is wrong with the board today. I know its not on my end im on a TI line.

How about John Travolta?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom