• 2-3 hours

Votes: 39 21.8%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • more than 4 hours

Votes: 89 49.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

etowndiver

Reaction score
How far will you drive to do a shore dive (1 tank per dive, about 30 to 40 feet of water). Just for the sake of consistancy assume 2 dives during the day, and that you will be driving home after the second dive.

joe

I regularly drive about an hour and fifteen minutes to my favorite dive site, Lake Wazee. Usually once, often twice a weekend. Most of the time we do two dives, but a lot of times we'll do three.

It's great diving - up to 350 feet deep for those that are into that, great viz, lots of fish, awesome cliffs, forests...I'd drive a couple of hours to get there.

I'm just glad that it's so close so that I can go there as often as I do.

I don't like to have to drive any further than I have to. On avg I have to drive at least an hour to get to any site, avg drive would be 1 1/2 hr drive one way but have made some 3 hr drives. One of the funnest dives I made was the furthest away all to dive in a river that was only 10-15 deep.

...down to Cape Hatteras, NC and Morehead City, NC. VA Beach is about 3.5 hours from DC and we sometimes do that more than once a month. Guess it just depends on how bad you want to do it... FWIW, I have never regretted the drives since the diving is amazing down there...

We often drive 7 hours to Missouri to do a single dive. A couple of weeks ago we drove 15 hours to north Florida to do two dives. We're doing that again this weekend. If there are caves I'll drive!

Belmont Hot Springs - two and a half hours.
Homestead Crater - Six hours.
Blue Lake - Seven hours.

In the winter, warm water options are limited. Now in the summer time; Fall river - 15 minutes! :)

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
We often drive 7 hours to Missouri to do a single dive. A couple of weeks ago we drove 15 hours to north Florida to do two dives. We're doing that again this weekend. If there are caves I'll drive!

Don't forget to check the cave reports.... it sounds like most are blown out right now...

Well,

Belmont Hot Springs - two hours
Homestead Crater - one hour
Blue Lake - Three Hours

Hey landlocked....Where are you?

West Valley City, UT is my "Home Port"

SD

landlocked once bubbled...
Belmont Hot Springs - two and a half hours.
Homestead Crater - Six hours.
Blue Lake - Seven hours.

In the winter, warm water options are limited. Now in the summer time; Fall river - 15 minutes! :)

for the dive you describe, I wouldn't drive across the street. For a big dive, all day no problem. I personally hate shore diving.

WW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom