Ice Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raybo

Reaction score
Didn't know if anyone would be interested in this or not.

There's been some discussion recently about the subject, so I made a little video.

Ice Diving In Colorado

There are two version, one for a dial up, and one for a high speed connection. Just pick the one that's appropriate

It mostly is representative of just how intensive the surface support is. It's all form the surface. Couldn't have seen anything if I did have a housing.

Sorry raybo but, I can't get the link to work.:(

The high speed file is still uploading. I hit the post button instead of the preview,so the post got there a little early.

Sorry

Working fine now. Interesting but it still looks cold. :cold:

It's at about 9500 ft elevation, so it was very dry. Although Saturday morning it was a brisk -21 deg F.

You can see the "hut" in the early part of the clip. It has a little area you can get into and to dress.change.

We had to abandon it for Saturday. the diving Friday grew the hole to the point it was not a good idea to use it again.

It had been such a warm winter, the ice was only about 8" thick. Last year it was over 30"

Not a lot going on under the water at any given time, but a lot to do on the surface.

We staged everybody in pairs. "Take a Number" & "Next". Had a lot of divers to get in the water. Mostly a Cert class, so everyone had to get in their required 3

Lot of work for not much diving, but still worth the effort IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom