SCUBA During public swim?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

altitudemike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I live in a small town in Alberta, Canada & we have a small outdoor pool. I have permission from the town & pool manager to work on my skills during public swim whenever I want but am wondering if there are any laws against SCUBA during a public swim?

Thanks.

I don't know about Canada but in the People's Republic of the USA I scuba during public swim quite often when I have new gear to test or an upcoming trip I am rigging up for. The life guards know me, the Y could care less as long as I am certified and don't drop the tanks on the tile.

Why is there this assumption there is a law for everything?

N

i will mention a local ocean pool we have here, Gordons Bay.

because some male divers decided to play silly buggers and touch the female swimmers, the council ruled that in summer during daylight hours no scuba diving is allowed in the ocean pool.

if you are going to dive there with a group, i suggest you mention acceptable behaviour so a few tossers wont ruin it for everyone

cheers

Thank you. I met some ugy camping here who said it was against the law & he was a masterdiver who knew absolutely everything there is to know about SCUBA just ask. I kind of figured he was full of it.

it might not be against the law but is it allowed by local council? btw, ive also found when dealing with bureaucracy that if you dont ask - they cant say no :wink: but as you have permission from the pool manager i would leave it as that and happy diving

Well, I tell you what, I doubt diving in the pool is against the law but touching female swimmers or male swimmers for that matter probably is and it might produce a black eye and a visit to the local place of incarceration.

It is a good thing I was not born female because I would punch the fool smack in the nose --- after drowning him.

N

I've run into issues where the local pool rules out the use of any mask that covers your nose as well as the use of a snorkel. I was told the reasoning was that it made it more difficult for the lifeguards to determine who needed help.

Paula

At our local Y there is an 'Adult Lap' at noon followed by an 'Adult Open Swim' at one. The folks who run the place let me jump in with gear on during the AOS after doing laps. I try to get there for laps three times a week and scuba once.

hows the chrlorine in the pool??

my lds showed me a brand new worn once only wetsuit - was in their pool for one trydive session and it was bleached almost white!

they sacked the new guy that was maintaining the pool

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom