Possible DIR-F in North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was talking to my LDS yesterday and found this info. There is a possibility of a a DIR-F course being offered this spring/summer in Raleigh,NC. At this time, the LDS is taking the names of people who are interested to see if there is enough interest to set up a class. They offered this class last year. Anyone interested can contact Down Under Scuba at www.downunderscuba.com and ask for more information about the DIR-F class.

I live in Raleigh, about 5 min from Down Under. I was in there about a week ago and I talked with them about the DIR course. Im hoping that they do the course again bc I will definatley be interested in taking it. I am going there today to look at their Halcyon backplate/wing so I will try to get some more info on the course.

I was at Down Under last week, and put my name on the list for the DIRF class. Hopefully the class will make and they can get JJ to come.

Scott told me there was 1 before me who was on the list, did not know it was a SS member. I talked with him earlier today, there are 4 on the list now and he needs 6-8 to finalize the plans. Looks like it may happen. Guess I will have to find a BP to borrow or steal for the class... hehehe.

herman,

How much are they expecting the class to cost? I hope the class makes, it's been a year since the last one was here.

At this time, I don't have any info on cost or dates. Hopefully, I will have more in a few days. I will add any info I get to the thread as I get it from the LDS. Stayed Tuned.

ncsuScUbA
how did I miss you want to join the carolina club

carolina club

sorry i missed ya would of sent you invite long before now also we have outr own little forum under the clubs section

I went to Down Under this morning....and me and my friend from Charlotte signed up. As of now...there are four including us. So I guess that they only need 4 more people. It is not guaranteed that JJ will be teaching it. The cost will be around 300 and it will probally be in June. Backplate/wing is required and you will get a certificate upon completion.

Around $300.00 sounds ok to me. I will see if I can get anyone interested in the class from around here. (Not likely, but I will try.) The more people, the cheaper the class should be. JJ or not, I'll still be there.

ncsuScUbA,

Did you get my PM a while back? Do you still want to try out the Halcyon?

Yeah, I sent you a reply didnt I? Im planning on buying the Pioneer in about two months. I will definatley have it by the DIR-F coure. Did you buy yours at Down Under or did you get it somewhere else? Do you have SS or Aluminum backplate? The guys at Down Under are extreamly nice. I will definatley be getting it from them. My friend David (superdave on this fourm) is also going to be getting one from them. Im just trying to round up some cash. Im actually staying in Greeneville tonight with my girlfriend. I want to get to RumRunner sometime soon to check out their scubapro regs. But I definatley want to get to the quarry with you sometime, as soon as I get my C card! Later

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom