Why doesn't MechDiver like polls?

Why doesn't MechDiver like polls?

• He is grumpy today

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • They show up as having new posts when all that really happened is someone voted for something

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • They are useless

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • He is just being obtuse again

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was gonna start one:upset: Drat :upset:

I did kinda like the "scuba god" part, but I don't think he was really sincere ;-0

MechDiver once bubbled...
I was gonna start one:upset: Drat :upset:

I did kinda like the "scuba god" part, but I don't think he was really sincere ;-0
You know we love ya...have a nice weekend dude!

O-ring once bubbled...

You know we love ya...have a nice weekend dude!

Hey, how did you vote for obtuse 4 times :confused:

I guess I'll be out of the corner by Monday?

Hard crowd to keep happy...mubble...

'Cause Polls are useless.

The advice is most valuable when evaluated based upon the giver's experience with the issue.

i.e., my advice regarding trimix procedures is not worth much. UP's or WW's is worth much more. A poll strips aware the ability to determine the value of the information.

If anyone disagrees, then start a poll.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
'Cause Polls are useless.

The advice is most valuable when evaluated based upon the giver's experience with the issue.

i.e., my advice regarding trimix procedures is not worth much. UP's or WW's is worth much more. A poll strips aware the ability to determine the value of the information.

If anyone disagrees, then start a poll.
Good points...but you don't know how tempting it was to start a "Why doesn't Northeastwrecks like polls?" thread.. :D

I almost need a pole to help me vote. I don't like em because it looks like there is a new post everytime someone votes. THEN you go look and the post is two years old. Thats NOT the worst though. If you don't notice it's an old post you might end up arguing with someone who has been off the board for a year or so. Then the next thing you know someone is arguing with you. Think about it the guy who started the argument is long gone. It's like a bomb with a long fuse.

And then there is the fact that they are useless. I mean do people really use the results of the pole to decide what they should do. I especially like the ones where they ask if they should get a computer. Of course the DIR guys tell them NO they don't need one but they never tell them why. What the DIR guys mean is "I don't need one so you shouldn't buy one". I wonder how many divers are running around without a computer wondering why everyone else on the trip is diving while they sit on the boat trying to remember the w,x,y and Z rule.

But...I guess MD is just grumpy today.

Well I had to vote obtuse after seeing the tally so far. That must be the right choice.

Back
Top Bottom