Hot water down wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
how many of you dump hot water into a wet suit before diving?
Does it work? Drawbacks?

I rinse my hood and gloves with hot water when drysuit diving just before donning them on repetitive dives when they're wet with cold water from previous dives, and used to fill up with hot water after wetsuit dives, but never before. Only drawbacks are limited hot water supply on the boat, and sometimes the first few seconds of hot water is TOO hot because of whatever method the boat uses to heat it. And sometime the Michelin man effect if your wetsuit seals are too good :D

Definitely keeps you warmer during the SI if wetsuit diving, if you fill up after the dive.

I used to bring a large thermos to dump in my suit before taking the plunge. If we were doing two dives in early spring, bring a cooler of hot water and throw all the gear in there in between dives....
Drawbacks? I don't know of any, other than a false sense of hope that the 35 degree water won't feel like 35 degrees....

Enough of that nonsense though.... new drysuit arrived about 2 weeks ago :)

SS

Not me! The only place I wear a wetsuit is in the pool and then only so the clorine doesn't ruin my drysuit. LOL

I have a set of 5mm gloves that i got from bob3 with neoprene wrist seals.They work great for holding warm water in them thanks to the wrist seals.Never had cold hands after that.I have dry gloves on my drysuit which also work great.

The owner of the Blue water Quarry in Alabama fills a cooler with hot water on cold weekends.
I have seen MANY people filling up AFTER a dive.

I used to do that too...and it works pretty well. I don't think that it helps *all* that much but it does help. You still get just as cold, it may just take a little while longer.

When you are diving in really cold water though, anything helps.

I have to say that I really like my drysuit nowdays...

during the dive. In Florida we call this a "Urincline"... :tease:

Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww...

Back
Top Bottom