looking for advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tech Diver

Reaction score
Im 15 years of age nearly 16 with the padi rescue diver rating and want to become a padi instructor then eventually have my own dive skool but wat is the pay like ???

basically im confused lol

any help would be apreciated

wait a few years, and get some dives under your belt.

I don't even know if you can get insurance to teach before you turn 18.

your own dive shop or school is like owning and operating any other small business. You will need to invest a lot of time and a fair amount of money to have a shop that will provide you with a living.

At your age you need to start saving money to capitalize your venture. Pretty much no one will loan 100% of the money needed to start a business.

You also need to learn all that you can about small business ownership. The library will have a lot of books about this. Also you can contact SCORE and learn some things from them about business plans etc etc.

Tech Diver once bubbled...
Im 15 years of age nearly 16 with the padi rescue diver rating and want to become a padi instructor then eventually have my own dive skool but wat is the pay like ???

basically im confused lol

any help would be apreciated

I hate to be a party pooper but having your own dive shop or school may cost you everything you have and pay NOTHING. At least that's the way it's worked out for me.

Your own skool is kool, but the pay is krap. Like Walter said, skool might learn you some things to help you later. might even have helped you here!

Interesting, I didn't think you could get rescue at 15, guess I was wrong.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...
Your own skool is kool, but the pay is krap. Like Walter said, skool might learn you some things to help you later. might even have helped you here!

Interesting, I didn't think you could get rescue at 15, guess I was wrong.

WW

Wow. That's impressive use of teenager lingo WW. I'd even say it's quite KREAT. :tease: (Who am I kidding? I can't do this. :anon: )

It's not teenager lingo. It's an attempt to point out that education has value in any field of endeavor. If someone is serious about teaching, they must first become serious about learning. Teenagers who are serious about learning do not write like that. It would not be wise to expect to be able to attract much of a student base until you are able to come close to using grammar. Frankly, I'm also poor at spelling, but I recognize my short coming and keep a dictionary by my desk and am not afraid to use spell check. I can understand not being able to spell school, but I cannot understand not noticing skool isn't close. Any 15 year old should be way beyond this level. If they are not, they need to get serious about their studies in a hurry. WW and I have provided him the best advise he's received if he wants to succeed in life, regardless of his vocation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom