How long have you been diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm just curious. I like places like this because you can run the spectrum from dinosaur to newly certified. I am a relative newbie myself (compared to others.) I started diving in 1995 at the age of 12. Right now I have my NAUI Divemaster and my I am heading out for my ITC in less than an hour.

How about you guys?

You should've made it a "Poll" In fact I think there already is one floating around somewhere...

But I'm just a young lad... going on 3 years now... but I dive A LOT

Have just been diving 7 months ...... still a rookie!:D

got certified when I was 15, naui / padi, it was all the same back then, ew did not worry about all his open water stuff, those certs we basically advanced open water class one. nitrox now, looking at cave and mix next

but was just a student back then. financially constrained to dive more often. 'got more serious 5 years ago. never turned back since then. hoping to get my ITC next year.

I started diving in 1998, I was 16 yo then :D LUV it...

On July 1st of this year it'll be thirty years of diving.

Roak

OW cert at age 15- 16 years ago.
Divemaster at 21
Instructor at 22
Full Cave at 24
Trimix at 25

I've been diving since 1981, I guess that's 22 years of diving. When I was a kid I used to love to watch Sea Hunt. Once for a birthday, my Mom bought me a sub with a couple of frog men. One day at the beach I saw a frogman come out of the channel with two bunches of fishing rods, I thought to myself," I wonder what else is down there". One year i received a pair of fins and a mask and snorkel. The snorkel had a ping pong ball in the top to keep the water from coming down the tube.......primitive, but the dream was alive. A bunch of time went by. We used to ski out west every year when my wife stated she wanted a "warm vacation". That vacation was in 81',......I snorkeled on Grand Cayman:)
Yeehaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!, in 84, my wife got certified :D , I've only taken a couple of ski vacations since then.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

at Bedrocks State Park, OR....max depth 24'...this was my self-taught OW class check dive...and I passed!

Didn't give myself a c-card, tho....:wink:

Presently working on Adv Nitrox/Deco (but using a real instructor for these)....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom