DiveMaster Course.. what did you pay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheezy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How much did you guys pay for your DiveMaster Course?

You have to pay the going rate for the area you're training in. Personally, I didn't pay anything. I blackmailed the instructor, and NO I am not kidding.

I knew those incriminating photos might help me out some day :D

No just kidding...

That technique isn't going to fly at my local shop.

Anybody else?

wheezy once bubbled...
I knew those incriminating photos might help me out some day :D

No just kidding...

That technique isn't going to fly at my local shop.

Anybody else?

The shop I work for says $395 for the whole enchilada but NAUI has a $90 registration fee on top of that.

The shop I frequent offers it for $300. I've seen other shops in the Chicago area offer as much as $500 for it.

I paid $350 but also had to pay PADI Dues. The shop has since raised the price to $400.

Scott

Course costs $375, plus the cost of the manual, Knowledge Workbook, and Encyclopedia. Air/tanks are included for all required pool and class sessions, but not equipment (which we all own anyway). With 6-7 didactic sessions on Friday nights, this works out to ~$50/class. Not unreasonable...

A co-worker and dive buddy took the class together. We paid $350.00 each for the course, about $30.00 for the encyclopedia of diving, the wheel another $20.00. Plus the $58.00 application fee to PADI. I think the going rate in our area for the PADI DM course runs around $450.00, but not sure what all it includes.

Back
Top Bottom