Diving books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitrox32

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone read the book The Last Dive? I just finished it. Incedible book. I highly recomend it. It's about the father and son team(Chris and Chrissy Rouse) and their misfourtunate dive accident.

I've read it twice. If you liked that, read Deep Descent by Kevin McMurray.

These are both excellent books! Pretty amazing story at the end of last dive... kind of teaches you not to be cheap when it comes to your survival! Spend the money for the gas!

TDS

... make you think thats for sure. Its a great book though. I've read it two or three times...

Kayla:)

I read this last month and since reread some areas. I have been in a chamber for 7 hours, for an stupid mistake about 150 dives ago. My body never went through what Bernie's or the Rouse's did, but I should never even had the experience if I had paid attention to details. Anyway, another book you might enjoy is "The Fireside Diver", an anthology of diving adventures. One story which particularly interested me, was about a night dive to photograph large squid feeding in the Sea of Cortez. One of the divers is attacked by several 6 to 8 foot squid in total darkness, and well. . . . you should read the book.:bounce:

I have read both books mentioned, I also reccommend The Sea Hunters, vols. 1 & 2, by Clive Cussler, and Peter Benchley's Shark Trouble. They are a different kind of read than the above mentioned, but a great way to 'dive away from water.'

I have an extensive library, and re-read frequently. (Better than TV!)

I'm 1/2 way through it right now. Hard to put down. I was sweating reading about Bernie getting bent. Of course, you know how it all ends as soon as you read the title. No way I'll let my non-diving wife read this book if I can help it. Very good...

I would love to know what happened to you. What caused you to need to get in the chamber. Others mistakes help us to not make the same ones.

:guitar:

Any good scuba related (ala Benchley) FICTION books anyone can recomend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom