Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting a dive company at 18

Scuba Media & Publications

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999

Starting a dive company at 18

This thread may come out wrong, but i have always been curious of this...

4 years ago, at age 18, I was honored to have the opportunity of starting Dive Zero Magazine/TV.

You have to agree that scuba diving has a lot less younger people than other sports. Scuba diving's average age is 36, and i have only came across a few divers out there who have started companies in their teens/early 20's.

I am just curious as to how old everyone was when they started getting involved in scuba diving or when they started a dive shop, company, etc...

How old were you?...10?...30?...60?
    Welcome to Dive Zero + Online scuba diving community at www.thedivevillage.com and Scuba Diving Internet TV at www.divezero.tv

Divemaster

Needs to get in the water!

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    I started at age 20 - I am now 40 - been diving the whole time with a couple of periods where I went as long as a year without diving - I dive a lot more now (and in the past six years or so.....).
    Jim
    PADI/NAUI DM
    Roddenberry Dive Team member #306
    jimridgway(at)gmail.com
    My Youtube Channel

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    "My name is Doe, John Doe..."

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away
    -
    Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    I certified at the tender age of 43. I started the Christian Divers of Texas ministry at 45. I only wish I hadn't waited so long, but hey...life happens. I got here as soon as I could!
    Out of the Blue-Inspirational Stories for Scuba Divers available through Amazon.com

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24
    i started at 13. im 17 now

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Photos
    Blog Entries
    Certified almost 7 years ago at age 49. My wife certified 3 years later at age 50.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Hi,
    I bought a scuba company in Chicago at the age of 21. Now i'm 23. Before that i owned and ice cream truck fleet which i started all by my self. That is how i earned the money to purchase a store. I also some other companies. Here is my store site BerryDiveCenter dotcom. Who did you site DiveZero? very good site!

Registered

Cozumel in August !!

Dives
    200 - 499
    I started at 56..I'm 60 now and luv every minute underwater.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    I certified when I was 40. That was 19 years ago and I'm still logging 100+ dives a year. YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast