Starting a dive company at 18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezero

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This thread may come out wrong, but i have always been curious of this...

4 years ago, at age 18, I was honored to have the opportunity of starting Dive Zero Magazine/TV.

You have to agree that scuba diving has a lot less younger people than other sports. Scuba diving's average age is 36, and i have only came across a few divers out there who have started companies in their teens/early 20's.

I am just curious as to how old everyone was when they started getting involved in scuba diving or when they started a dive shop, company, etc...

How old were you?...10?...30?...60?

I certified at the tender age of 43. I started the Christian Divers of Texas ministry at 45. I only wish I hadn't waited so long, but hey...life happens. I got here as soon as I could!

Hi,
I bought a scuba company in Chicago at the age of 21. Now i'm 23. Before that i owned and ice cream truck fleet which i started all by my self. That is how i earned the money to purchase a store. I also some other companies. Here is my store site BerryDiveCenter dotcom. Who did you site DiveZero? very good site!

I started at 56..I'm 60 now and luv every minute underwater. :wink:

I certified when I was 40. That was 19 years ago and I'm still logging 100+ dives a year. YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom