Scuba Diving Magazines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdbmga

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What do you think of Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine? Worth the $ or just ads?

I want to learn more about diving and where to dive etc. What magazines do you recommend?

We get Alert Diver b/c of our DAN membership.

Scuba Diving is OK, they have articles on destinations, and some equipment reviews. if you join the PADI society, you will get Sport Diver which is OK too, but I find Alert Diver is the most informative of the 3.

Take a look at Dive Training if you are not certified yet. It might be a good learning tool.

I like the magazine. It has some great site reviews. Equipment reviews are good too, but can be a little biased. I think Alert Diver is just a huge advertisement. I like Dive Training Mag too.

I like the magazine. It has some great site reviews. Equipment reviews are good too, but can be a little biased. I think Alert Diver is just a huge advertisement. I like Dive Training Mag too.

Alert Diver, the magazine brought to us by DAN, an advertisement? Advertising what, keeping yourself from getting bent?

Take a look at Dive Training if you are not certified yet. It might be a good learning tool.

My instructor signed me up for a 6-month free subscription to Dive Training magazine and I enjoy reading it. They provide a lot of good information for beginning divers and for those who've been around for a while. I believe it to be a good resource, as well as Alert Diver. Their website is www.dtmag.com.

Sport Diver magazine is great for pretty pictures and day dreaming about vacations, but DT and Alert Diver are good for education.

I get and read all three, Rodale's Scuba Diving, Dive Training, and Alert Diver. The three are very differein from each other.
Overall Scuba Diving is most readable, with the best graphics, and most imformative travel articles. If you're in the market their product reviews might be useful, though I'd take them with a grain of salt.

Dive Training might be very useful for new divers, since they provide lots of what I classify as "fill in the blanks" info that's useful to inexperienced divers.

Alert Diver might provide the most in depth technical information for those who want to learn more than the basics, though it often can be tough reading.

Those are my opinions, but in the final analysis only you can decide if any of these are worth the dough. Scuba Diving is available at newstands or large bookstores, so you migh pick up a few issues before deciding whether to subscribe.

Back
Top Bottom