Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I dont but I would consider it

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • I prefer to dive alone

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

double125's

Reaction score
Just got through a long run around through E-mails about solo diving in a local scuba park and after dodging the question several times he finally said no solo diving. I was just wondering how many people dive solo and your thoughts on it. For me it is common place but it appears to be a big controversy for some.:boom:

lots of threads on the board about solo diving. You might want to do a search and bring one to life.

Have fun with this one....dive alone if you like...let me know how it turns out.

Oh yeah...another option would be nice..."I don't do it, but if you want to, I'm not going to stop you"

I do most of my activities solo. Just my personality, I suppose.

I am not opposed to a buddy, and I've had a great buddy before.

I still dive solo a lot.

Peter

Another good option for the poll would be "I dive solo sometimes but prefer to dive with a buddy."

I would redirect your thoughts to any of these previous threads and polls...

Solo Diving

These were the most relevant threads on the subject I could find. Feel free to resurrect or refer to any of these previous threads.

leadweight once bubbled...
Another good option for the poll would be "I dive solo sometimes but prefer to dive with a buddy."

Agreed.

leadweight once bubbled...
My response is similar --- I prefer to dive with a buddy; believe that buddy diving is generally safer than solo; but will still ocassionally do solo dives after due considerations of the overall risk of the dive.

Charlie

Solo Diving isn't any riskier than buddy diving....... unless you're a relatively new diver, in which case, you need a knowledgeable dive buddy to show You the way.
TDI now offers a course, and grants certifications in Solo Diving.

Scuba Chip once bubbled...
TDI now offers a course, and grants certifications in Solo Diving.
And that makes it okay? :)

Last I heard Hal Watts still offered deep air classes to 240'. Knock yourself out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom