Buying a SCUBA Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyleterry

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information, expirence or advice on buying a Quarry to build a SCUBA Park? This would be in Central Ohio. There are just a couple here and they are on a very small scale. I have had some discussions with people about builing something on a larger scale...deeper, more underwater structures, more life, etc.

Anyone here ever try or look into something like this?

First off...Howdy fellow ohioan....

I have never seen you post on this board, but looking back through your post history, I wonder if you have ever been to any of the number of quarries in OH. There are 4 very good quarries (that I know of) and probably more.

Any reason for wanting to buy a quarry other than you don't know of one close by?

or expertice, but in asking for advice I would suggest having warm water in your quarry, say 80ish on the surface with the deepest thermocline only dropping the temp to 68-70 range at 120 feet...:rolleyes:

Diversauras once bubbled...
or expertice, but in asking for advice I would suggest having warm water in your quarry, say 80ish on the surface with the deepest thermocline only dropping the temp to 68-70 range at 120 feet...:rolleyes:
Please tell me this is a troll

I know it's not possible but he asked....

It isn't a quarry, but studying the 40fathom grotto may give you some pointers.

Peter

PS. I second the water clear water bit.

100' vis would be nice if we're dreaming :D

R

biscuit7 once bubbled...
100' vis would be nice if we're dreaming :D

R

Last Saturday we got 80+ feet in Gilboa.

The water temps were a bit below 80 degrees though....

detroit diver once bubbled...

The water temps were a bit below 80 degrees though....

Like what, maybe half???:tease:

The guy that runs/owns Twin Lakes is just getting started. Several of the Swampers have been involved in the process. You might want to PM Dee to see if she can give you some tips or contacts in what occured in getting things started.

Back
Top Bottom