Uso's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steeldiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Whats the stangest object you've found at a dive site?,i'm not talking marinas here.
Not to mention the water around yaght moorings where i've found beach umbrella;s and deck chairs.
Recently at a dive site miles away from human habitation and to trecherous for yaghts to pass trough.
i found a TV remote control
Did the owner think it was a new piece of dive gear to change the scenery on the reef?
Howard.

BUT the strangest thing I've ever seen underwater was a dead snake that bit the hook on a snagged line in 40' of water (seen it twice actually):D

My sig other found a blind mans cane once. It was at a shore site that you walk down stairs to get to the water and then just jump in. The cane was right there.
Makes you wonder....

Other than that, nothing "strange" but lots of finds...golf balls galore, masks, snorkels, dive lights, and even (sig. oth found) a dive computer once.

Someone placed a manikin underwater at a local lake. My buddy had been there before and knew about it. It was my first dive at said lake. He decided to keep his mouth shut about it and let me find it. So we're tooling along in about six ft viz when I see a hand. I look over at him with dinner plate eyes and he's laughing at me. I take a closer look and someone had cut the fingers off except one, you can probably guess the one they left.:D

A friend and I were diving in a lake when a kayker above us decided that we should find some treasure. So he dropped some cheap goblets and a platter down near us. It was close enough that we saw it fall so we didn't just find it, but we did have some fun with it underwater.

...or something like that. My buddy and I were diving our local water-hole-quarry-thing and discovered a pile of bones on a rock shelf in about 20 feet of water. Probably a muskrat or weasel of somekind from the size and shape of the skull. We took the skull and placed it in a nearby tree and attached a wetnote that read "Sacred Muskrat Burial Ground" right below it with an arrow pointing downwards to the rest of the bones. Kinda creepy, but neat.

-Frank

Back
Top Bottom