what's in your save-a-dive kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkipperJohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Any good ideas?
I have a wide assortment of o-rings, wrenches, mask straps, fin straps...
Anything else?

We are 5 in our family of divers so we have a bunch of stuff.

3 masks, o-rings, tools, lube. lightsticks, batteries. Eventually, we will probably have some regs in there too.. haha

o-rings, mask, finstrap, extra mouthpiece, zipties (and a little roll of duck tape, because you can fix ANYTHING with zipties and duck tape.) and tools

Interested to see where this goes since i've been meaning to get me a save-a-dive kit. One i'm looking at contains:
o-rings
tool
fin/mask strap
mouthpiece
zip ties

o-rings, mask, finstrap, extra mouthpiece, zipties (and a little roll of duck tape, because you can fix ANYTHING with zipties and duck tape.) and tools

you need to add WD-40 there :eyebrow: As I heard a joke that to fix any problem in your car you need 2 things - duct tape and WD-40. If you need the parts to be moving you use WD-40 if you need them to be together you use the duct tape. That simple, huh ? :)

Mask Strap
fin Strap
Hex Keys and a swiss army knife
o-rings
batteries - for the computer only
zip ties and duct tape
mouth piece
Clips and carabiners
$20 cash.

These are all contained in a small waterproof box. I've never had to use any of the contents for myself but it has saved a number of my buddies from having to abort a dive because of a broken mask or fin strap.

you need to add WD-40 there :eyebrow: As I heard a joke that to fix any problem in your car you need 2 things - duct tape and WD-40. If you need the parts to be moving you use WD-40 if you need them to be together you use the duct tape. That simple, huh ? :)

It is simple. I miss when cars were that easy to fix. There is a laptop and a multimeter in my "save-a-race" kit.

All of the above plus a few feet of shock cord (small diameter bungee cord), which is handy in case you need to create a wrist band or loop handle for an accessory such as camera, compass, or light. Swivel clips, snickers bars. Everything loaded in a dry bag.

Mine includes un-lubricated condoms.

Great for wallets, cell phones/pagers, keys, money, etc.

Drop it in, tie a knot, stick it in a pocket.

I have even text while submerged with the phone in the condom.

Talc, KY Jelly, Cable ties, plastic gloves and gaffer tape. Dry suit save a dive or kidnapping kit - you decide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom