Vintage Dive Gear Rally?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vintage gear is one of my passions, although my collection is a little lacking at the moment. I'm in the process of assembling a vintage scuba setup. Have double hose reg and other amenities. What I REALLY want is a full Mark V jake, just don't have the $$ at this time. Next time you're in CA Bob, give me a holler. I'd love to talk vintage, see what you have, & go for a dive.

A cheap way to get into heavy gear is to use a Russian 3-bolt, you can make a neck dam for the critter & dive it with a wetsuit if you want. The inlet nipple on the back can even be re-threaded to handle a standard O2 fitting.

Most of my vintage stuff is in WI, though I do have a couple double hoses & tanks out here in CA.
Come to think of it, I do have an old "Aqua Bell" hat stashed out in the garage.
I'll be back in CA in September, unless "they" catch me. :wink:

There was a fellow walking around on the bottom at Vortex this past weekend in a Mark V. I didn't have a chance to chat, but have heard that he shows up from time to time and will let folks try it.
Rick

I'm going down to the Scuba Show in Longbeach on June 20, there is supposed to be someone there with their vintage collection. Hoping to meet some folks from the California Classic Equipment Group. Anyone from the board going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom