re: diving schools comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cosmini

Reaction score
hello all,
I'm a PADI AOW/Nitrox/Rescue diver and would like to further my education/experience all the way to the instructor level however I've heard notions as to NAUI being a more technicaly thorough certification and in the view of this I'd like it if someone would do a comparison between PADI/NAUI/YMCA from the technical, marketability/commerciality, strength as a company and in divers, recognition etc points of view. Also, is it possible/adviseable to change certification companies in-the-middle of studies, as in my scenario?

thx much,
Cosmin

I got my OW with padi and AOW - DM with naui. The progams I went through for naui were very indepth and delt with as many different aspects of diving as the instructers could think of. It may also have been that it was through the University and not an lds. My OW class was more just a class on how not to kill myself and the Naui classes taught me how to dive. I think Padi is more marketable as they are the largest agency, but I like the training I recived through naui.

It Does not matter
What agency you cert through, once you reach instructor you can just do a cross over course. I know many instructors that are TDI/PADI/NAUI/SSI.

You can split hairs between the courses and Agencies but when it comes down to the bare roots they are all very similar in the structure. What this means is it comes down being great instructor as oppose to the Agency.

The more you can teach the more chance you have of actually making some money in this industry... yea right

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom