Diver with Glasses

What do you wear underwater if you need glasses?

• Prescriptive Lenses

Votes: 47 52.2%
  • Contacts

Votes: 43 47.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just wanted to start a poll on who have prescription goggles when they dive or contacts when they dive. Personally I wear contacts.

The price of lenses for your mask in this country outway the option.
The replacement cost if lost of stollen,the prospect of leaving them at home by mistake and wear and tear.
I can tell you 99% of South African divers use contacts
Howard

Daily disposable contacts. I just throw them away after a dive and put in a new pair. No cleaning, no hassle. And if I were to lose one, I have lots of replacements.

personally, I have good enough vision not to need corrective lenses, though of the people I know who do need them only 2 have perscription masks. Everyone else either wears contacts or nothing.

If I was wearing prescribetive lenses I would have to wear the mask untill I had the glasses in hand. Otherwise I would not be able to find my way around. That plus the risk of getting your glasses deformed or otherwise damaged on a divesite/diveboat just underlines my choise.

I wear contacts but my dad has prescription lenses in his mask. His vision doesn't seem to change, hes never worn contacts, and hes had the same ones forever- for him it doesn't seem like a terrible deal to me.

I need glasses, bi-focals to be exact, and I have the perscription, including the bi-focals in my mask. I would highly reccomend this approach for those who need glasses and don't wear contacts, I love my mask and it was THE best dive gear investment ever.

Both my wife and I have Rx lenses in our masks. tried contacts but just didn't work for me. The lenses may be the best add-on I've seen for diving.

I usually wear contacts on land so if I use a prescription mask, I still have to bring saline and stuff. I haven't had any problems with contacts. I have no reason to switch to a pres. mask.

been using prescription since i started though my instructor did discuss contacts with me (he wears it - for some of the reasons mentioned above).

not sure if i can get astig contacts and what the costs are.

not sure why i settled on the prescription. i wonder if it was because of a story told by an old college roomie - he said he lost one lens while swimming and it was prolly eaten by turtles :eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom