What is the coolest thing you have recovered during a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarcusCarr

Reaction score
I am curious as to what types of things have been found on a dive? Anyone out there finding pirates treasure and chests of dabloons?

-Marcus

This thread comes up all the time.

A 70 pound, 2.5 foot tall concrete Mogwai, complete with glass eyes.

besides a plethora of anchors, scuba gear, outboard motors and the like... I think it was the pile of Puget Sound King Crab I nabbed (before the state close them to harvest and well before my sensitivity training.)

jonnythan once bubbled...
A 70 pound, 2.5 foot tall concrete Mogwai, complete with glass eyes.
Do you think whoever threw him in was trying to make more of them? :D

Found a sealion canine tooth once - still have it.

FallenMatt once bubbled...
err... what is Mogwai ?
Fluffy things from Gremlins that turn into a gremlin if you let them eat after midnight (now that's a really screwed up bodyclock). They would multiply if they got wet.

Remember "bright light! bright light!"?

Trash. Old trash.

An old fire extinguisher cannister -- from a distance, covered with silt, it appeared to be a SCUBA tank (so I was a little freaked out).

A WWII-era tire.

Real old bottles.

A friend who dives the same lake once found an old sleigh (as in "dashing through the snow"). Followed the rotting reigns up to find bells, and was shocked to find the horse skeleton...still attached.

Curly once bubbled...
A friend who dives the same lake once found an old sleigh (as in "dashing through the snow"). Followed the rotting reigns up to find bells, and was shocked to find the horse skeleton...still attached.
Does that lake freeze over in winter at all?

An OMS dive computer, had to give it back to my buddy.
Dive light, had to give it back to my buddy.

Golf balls, lots and lots of golf balls.
Anyone want a golf ball?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom