Spearfishing Forum ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeffe

Reaction score
In order to find out anything about Spearfishing, (there is no forum for that), I had to do a search for the word SPEARFISHING.
When I did, I got many Pages in the return.
It seems to me that with that much intrest in Spearfishing, there would be a specific forum for it.
After all, Scubaboard is about enjoying and Learning more about our sport.
So, it would seem natural that since Spearfishing is a direct off shoot, of our Sport, there should be a Forum on the subject, to promote safety and enjoyment.
As long as scubaboard has been around, this must have came up before ?
Thanks,
jeffe

I was about to post and suggest spearboard but then I recognized your name from spearboard.I used to live in northern arkansas. there have been threads about having a spearing page on scubaboard off and on .I wouldnt mind seeing one myself however I would be concerned that it would turn into a flame war between the spearos and the anti-spearos . there are a lot of people on this board who are not totally in favor of the idea of spearfishing.I remember one thread about just picking up seashells . O well
Joens

Jeffe,joens I would like to see it here to but in any case I'd like to thank the "take only pictures-leave only bubbles" crowd for subsidizing my spearfishing.I'd love to see all the ire directed at spearfishermen placed more on the real environmental culprits tho.But living in a fantasy land where nothing dies it's hard to seperate fact from fiction.

Hey Jeffe,

Did you get to go out today? We went to Ouachita and whacked some cats, missed a few and missed two big walleye.The place was crowded and the fish were deep. Where do you usually go? We shoot mostly on Ouachita and a little on DeGray.

Good luck finding good spear sites. I have been looking for awhile and the best I have come up with is the www.spearboard.com mentioned above. Freshwater/cat sites are few and far between. Be sure and post them if you find any good ones.

Good Hunting,
Ouachita

I have some buddies that live in New Mexico and go spearing there once in a while . There it is legal to spear anything .Spearing is considered the same as rod and reel as far as the regs go. we get catfish bass and walleye. there was a big tournament several years back .I think it was 14 teams took over 4000 pounds of fish [ all legal] .That was in Navajo Lake there are some big northern pike in there.
Joens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom