Question for Proear users.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harro10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just received a Proear Corona mask for Father's Day. When I put the mask on and expell air though my nose into the mask I hear the valve to the right side ear cup whistle but not the valve on the left side. Is this typical of your mask?

Yep, my pro ear mask does exactly the same thing....btw, it didn't really seem to help me much with equalizing...how about you?
Bobb

I just received it yesterday evening and have not had a chance to use it yet. I do have hopes that it will help with equalization. I have never had to cut a dive short because of problems but it does take me twice as long as my son to get to depth.

Yup, they whistle alright, and usually not together. You'll sometimes find yourself needing to squeeze the pipe on one side to get the air to move through the other valve.

I think it helps equalization, but I haven't done a strict A-B test, and it definitely helps with water in your ears.

I just have to figure out how to retrofit it onto my new
non-proear mask.

-Simon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom