Things to do mid-week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison

Trusty Shellback
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Here's how we spent last Wednesday afternoon...
Rick

now i have the a craving to visit irma. any pics ?

Let us know when you visit Irma!

That is a great article, makes even a warmwater diver like me want to try it.

Do you reckon you will get more interest from students from this ?

BTW was the author a diver ? it doesn't seem to have any of the normal non-diving mistakes

sounds like a fun place to dive, apparantly greece has a few cities under the water, but until recently they had quite strict diving laws, which they are beginning to relax i believe
that should proove interesting!

Apparently both Malta and Egypt have some ruins under water as well. The Maltese I believe are claiming theirs to be Atlantis

lanun once bubbled...
now i have the a craving to visit irma. any pics ?
Nothing from Irma yet. We plan to try to dive that this winter. But here's a shot taken last winter of some of the Old Kowaliga Bridge rubble. Vis was about 15' that day, the best I've seen in the lake.
Rick

Sounds pretty interesting.
I would like to come down that way sometime and check it out.
The way it sounds a diver needs to be at least AOW.
I'll be working on that this summer also.
Maybe I'll look u up and we can get together for a dive.
I'm planing a trip to Birmingham soon may put this on my agenda.

I was told by a dive shop in Edison NJ that there is a lake here in NJ that is almost exactly the same concept as Irma.

There is a whole town down at the bottom of it.

Cant remember what the lake was though. Round Lake I believe.

Alot of divers I spoke to about it at the time did not recomend it as a dive site though. They said it was a very dangerous place to dive due to massive amounts of potential entanglements down there. Everything from thousands of snagged fishing lines to telephone wire etc.

Anyone ever hear of this place in Jersey? Anyone ever dive it?

Spydertek

That sounds amazing. I would love to dive something like that. Even though they are buildings, I'd still want to get penetration diving first. Just to be safe. But it is definatly going on my list of places to dive!

Back
Top Bottom