Advanced Open Water vs Adventure Diver course???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beetitan

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok well im wondering if it is possible to take both deep diver specialty and wreck diving specialty courses in the advanced open water course so that i would not have to do the adventure diver course, im wondering this because then there are two of five(i believe) towards AOW. The padi website says many conflicting things when it comes to this subject so if an instuctor or knowledgeable person in this subject could reply it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Blair :)

Specialties no, adventure dives yes. Deep and Wreck specialties are courses including skills that one can't learn on a single dive (limited penetration techniques, deep diving physiology and emergecy deco etc). The dives you do during AOWD can, however, count toward specialty course dives, such as was the case in my Nitrox-course: I did the EANx dive during AOWD, and that covered one dive of the EANx course.

Prerequisites
To qualify for the Deep Diver course, an individual must:
1. Be certified as a PADI Adventure Diver (or have a qualifying certification
from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Advanced
Open Water Diver.)
Prerequisites
To qualify for the Wreck Diver course, an individual must:
1. Be certified as a PADI Adventure Diver (or have a qualifying certification
from another training organization similar to that of a PADI Advanced
Open Water Diver.)

Got to do the AOW class first, you can take nitrox and it will count as one of your three electives.
Deep and Nav are required.

Back
Top Bottom