Diver Dies near Mukilteo (in Puget Sound)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GearHead

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sad to be the one to report this. Last night a diver died at a popular local divesite, about 30 minutes North of Seattle.

Here's the article from The Seattle Times

They haven't reported much about it yet, just that he ran out of air, he was training for his DM, and that it was apparently a night dive. Also, the poor guy was only 18 years old.

My condolences to his friends, family, and dive buddies. :(

Where was his buddy?

My condolences as well. I hate hearing about what (appears) to be an avoidable accident.....especially when its someone who has barely experienced life. Eighteen is too young to die.

Otter

Thanks for letting us know,

Far too many questions come-up with the report. I hope that more details are released soon.

Brian

I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully we'll all get some accurate answers here shortly.

Here's another article.

Apparently they haven't checked the PSI on his tank as it sunk during the rescue. It was pure speculation on the reporter's part that he ran out of air.

.. always sad to lose a diver... anywhere in the world... but I guess you never expect it to be so close. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends... and with each one of you. Dive Safe!

Kayla

that sucks :(
i hope they will find out why it happened, so the family are not left in the dark and fellow divers might learn from possible mistakes made. 18 seems a bit young to have unexpected heart attacks and the like....

:( :(

Back
Top Bottom