How fast to Rescue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckchick

Scubavangelist
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have 30 dives and just finished my AOW recently. My LDS is offering a Rescue class starting next week and I was wondering if you all thought that I was moving WAY too fast into Rescue or if it's still a good class for me to take at this point.

Thanks in advance for your always sage advice!

Rachel

what anyone else might say...but I'd say go for it!

I think Rescue is imperative to take. You won't be doing a great deal of new "dive skills" but you will really get a tremendous understanding of how to prevent problems before they occur and learn some terrific skills to use in case things do go wrong.

You will be spending the majority of the time in the class at the surface and or moving in and out of the water. It is a terrific course and with 30 dives under your belt, you won't have any problem.

So, go ahead, sign-up. Your buddies will thank-you!

Brian

I don't know if I qualify as a "sage" (I'm way too young for that distinction), but I would encourage you to learn rescues.

I think it's a very VERY good idea to learn rescue, but I think it's imperative that you are very confident and comfortable with your dive skills before you take the course. If you are, go for it! It'll make you a better diver and a better buddy.

biscuit7 once bubbled...
I have 30 dives and just finished my AOW recently. My LDS is offering a Rescue class starting next week and I was wondering if you all thought that I was moving WAY too fast into Rescue or if it's still a good class for me to take at this point.

Rachel

If I had to choose one and only one course for my students to take post Openwater it would be Rescue. I personally feel that every diver should take it. You will learn manage panic situations and how to take care of yourself and others. It's essential IMHO

biscuit7 once bubbled...

Rachel

Rescue is a good course. I'd say take it. I took rescue after 30 dives too and I found it a confidence builder.

R..

Rescue class teaches recognizing, preventing, and managing diving emergencies. And these skills are valuable regardless of what you experience level as a diver is.

I say, that (unlike DM class) it’s never too soon to take Rescue.

You will learn a great deal about yourself (well, at least I did) and it is certainly a confidence builder. Go for it, indeed.

-Frank

Thanks you all!

I was sure someone would say I was moving too fast. You've all touched on a number of reasons why I'm considering taking the class and you've affirmed them for me.

I guess Rescue it is! It's gonna be ages before it's done, but I'm looking forward to it all!

Rachel

Jump on it! Good class, but be prepared to get WORKED! *chuckle* it's VERY good excersize!!!

-Dennis

Back
Top Bottom