Optic Correction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAM001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
HOW CAN I OBTAIN OPTIC CORRECTION SO I CAN READ MY COMPASS. I USE GLASSES FOR READING. I USE MORE THAN ONE MASK, AND DO NOT WANT TO ADD LENSES TO ALL OF THEM $$$$. MY READING GLASSES ARE 2.5. IS THERE SOMETHING THAT CAN BE ATTACHED TO THE GAGE/COMPASS BEZEL TO DO THE CORRECTION. THE REST OF THE GAGES HAVE LARGE PRINT ON THEM AND CAN BE READ EASILY. ANY IDEAS WELCOME..

I use the stick-on lenses, which go for about $30 at my LDS, and can be remove and installed in another mask easily, since they are not glued on.

By the way, typing using nothing but capital letters makes it difficult to read your posts. It also is used on internet boards to suggest shouting.

Please turn the "caps lock" key off.

thanks magic will pm you for more on this.

for northeast...... i hope this lower case case crap fills you need for political correctness in the upper/lower case arena. in keeping with the atmosphere of scuba momma's humor area it is clear that, for some, appearance's are more inportant than message content. i shall consider the purchase a new monitor of an undertermined non small size so that i can read the lower case traffic. till then those of us who have been certified before you were born will wait untill you get scolded by some save the world good do-er forr having LESS THAN PERFECT vision.

You can buy a prescription mask. That should help with reading a compass or a computer as well as seeing what is around. If you wear contacts you can also wear those underwater. Good Luck.

As far as the "ALL CAPS" versus mixed you'll find that to be a common complaint on mesage boards, e-mail etc. as it's a way to convey shouting. I would suggest that if you're using it to make it easier to read (i.e. larger type) there are better solutions. Try using a larger font in you're web browser.

KWS once bubbled...
thanks magic will pm you for more on this.

for northeast...... i hope this lower case case crap fills you need for political correctness in the upper/lower case arena. in keeping with the atmosphere of scuba momma's humor area it is clear that, for some, appearance's are more inportant than message content. i shall consider the purchase a new monitor of an undertermined non small size so that i can read the lower case traffic. till then those of us who have been certified before you were born will wait untill you get scolded by some save the world good do-er forr having LESS THAN PERFECT vision.

Yes. Thank you. The lower case typing is, in fact, far easier to read. Political correctness had nothing to do with it. Merely trying to help a newbie convey her message.

I'd suggest a 21 inch flat screen. I can see everything I need.

As for the rest, it sounds like its time for someone to change your colostomy bag, grandma. Its contents have built up until they've poured over into your head and are starting to come out your mouth.

I posted a suggestion that makes your posts easier to read. If you can't handle it, check out rec.scuba.

Moreover, while I would never suggest that you are a lying sack of manure, I note that your other posts suggest that you lack basic diving knowledge (conversion of custom mixes to EAD and the procedure for analyzing top offs) that I would certainly expect from someone who has been diving since the 60's. I'd also suggest that the majority of your posts are not done in all caps and that your claim that it is necessary is, in fact, false.

In other words, there is a slight credibility gap in your posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom