7' and 24" Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Space

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got my new hoses and hopefully get to dive them either Saturday or Sunday at one of the local lakes (counting on you StephenAsh).....I love getting new gear its a great excuse to get out and dive.....

yeah, I know...I like mine too....just wish I had the 24"er for the back-up....I'll be ordering one soon.

Not to be unduly picky, but IIRC the hose for the backup reg is supposed to be 22" not 24".

WJL once bubbled...
Not to be unduly picky, but IIRC the hose for the backup reg is supposed to be 22" not 24".
I'm not the smallest guy in the world and the 22" pulled a little bit.....Besides I'm not going for strict DIR standards either just making my diving a little safer...

WJL once bubbled...

Actually, it depends on several factors. The tank you are using (singles or doubles), the valve on the tank, STA or intergrated STA and body geometry.

The Fundy's book simply states that "Short hose should be long enough to breathe comfortably, but not long enough to bow and create drag" (page 61).

WJL once bubbled...

Yeah, the right length is the comfortable length that doesn't flop around. Depends on Singles or doubles config...basically what is comfy and streamlined.....

bwerb quoted the "book" and it makes sense...

It really doesn't matter what the official lengths are (there aren't any, AFAIK) as long as they are comfortable and aren't ridiculously sized. Try watching KKM route a 7' hose (he is 6'8") and you will get the idea..

O-ring once bubbled...
Try watching KKM route a 7' hose (he is 6'8") and you will get the idea..

Or watch me route a 7' hose...I'm 6'0", 150 lbs...I could wrap the thing around my head twice if I needed to. I now dive with a 6' hose and a 22" backup, which is perfect for me. Other people feel they need the 24" to move around comfortably. It all depends on how your hoses are routed and your personal size. 6' is perfect for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom