Who started SCUBA Board? Whats it to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coogeeman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Who Pioneered SCUBA Board?

I love the concept, I love reading and posting threads, and I have learned a great deal just by listening to those out there with more experience or different experiences than myself.

It's a fantastic medium for exchanging ideas but who was behind the concept? On one of my threads 'Best Ever Diver....who do you think?' someone suggested SCUBA Board would not exist if Sheck Exley had not of been. Was he one of the founders?

Lastly...what does SCUBA Board mean to you?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Coogeeman

Scubaboard is a goldmine of information. Go into google, and type "scuba face masks", second hit is Scubaboard. Type in "scuba backplates", first hit is Scubaboard. If I am ever wondering something scuba-related, I come here and do a search. I've never been disappointed.

Case in point, I was seriously considering one of those air source inflators instead of an octo. A simple search on here gave me plenty of information on both sides of the argument. I still haven't made a decision, but whatever it is, it will be an informed one.

Coogeeman once bubbled...
Who Pioneered SCUBA Board? .....Coogeeman
My understanding is that Scuba Board is the creation of King Neptune and Lady Diver. (Many thnks to you both!) A search on thier names will find a lot of interesting stuff from the past when they had more time to participate as contributors. :)

landlocked once bubbled...
My understanding is that Scuba Board is the creation of King Neptune and Lady Diver. (Many thnks to you both!) A search on thier names will find a lot of interesting stuff from the past when they had more time to participate as contributors. :)

They are the "parents" to this wonderful place some of us call our second home.

I'm probably in the minority as a Brit on the board, but I've found the information here really useful especially as I'm new to diving.

Having looked around for good scuba boards in the UK, none seem to be as active as this one. Let's hope it continues to get more popular as the number of divers and internet users grow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom