Hose Length Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My rig consists of a Sherwood Silhouette BC with an AIR II and a Scubapro MK2 regulator and a Sherwood console with Compass, computer and SPG. The hose that came with the AIR II is 26" long and it keeps a "S" shape to the low pressure inflator hose, I feel it is to short.

The consol came with a 32" hose, with that I cannot get the compass out in front of me far enough to site over it.

Some of the shortness is caused by the MK2 port configuration.

Any recommendations on proper hose lenghts for these items?

To the DIR folks, I follow your posts and agree with your rigs, and eventually want to go your way, for now "I got to work with what I got". It is a cash flow thing, and I am still a beginner diver.

TIA

I bought a second hand reg and compass unit and had to replace the low pressure and high pressure hose to suit me when I had it fully serviced. Your local dive center can do that for you. Alot depends on your body size and how far the hoses have to go around. I'm no teeny-weeny, so I had to have the extra length to also effectively teach buddy breathing.
Talk it over with your shop and choose a length to suit.
Cheers Big Ears,
The one and only,
Gasman
:wink:

Yeah, I quess body size factors in there as well. That would be why one size does not fit all! :(

I have a large bod as well, could be why that hose has a hard time getting out there, and over forty eyes seems to make the hose even shorter.

Back
Top Bottom